This function fills the role in our Analytics team responsible for managing the planning, design and development of CPI’s data marts, data warehouse, dashboards and reports to meet business needs. The developer defines business requirements for data warehousing and analytics; operates the tools for extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from transactional systems and internal and external databases; develops reporting and visualization solutions within our overall systems.
This includes the hands on use of data modelling, data transfer, and statistical modelling tools. The developer will work with internal business users to understand needs and opportunities, and will work from time to time with consulting resources to realize development of new or enhanced functionality.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - both English and Spanish
- 3-5 year of technical work in the areas of database design, database management, and applications programming.
- Background in database development and methodologies, SQL language, relational and analytical data models. Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with Qlik Sense or other Data Visualization tools.
- Familiarity with database, data warehousing and business analytics concepts including ETL performance
- Proficiency in use of data modeling tools, the SQL language and procedural language tools such as PL/SQL, Visual C# or Transact SQL.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the business analytics team to develop data warehousing strategy in-line with the use of custom subject area data marts as well as use of other structured and unstructured data sources as requirements dictate
- Evaluate and help to implement tools for enhancing data analytics capabilities in areas such as: predictive analytics and statistical analysis
- Support projects involving data migrations, systems integration, data archiving or anywhere ETL processes can be leveraged to create efficiency or advantage.
- Develop tools for enhancement and creation of new functionality related to the analytics process using ABAP, C#, PL/SQL, Transact SQL.
- Maintain, monitor, repair and provide support for ETL and database systems
Key Attributes for Success
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Up to 10% travel