Engineering Manager (Embedded systems design group)
Engineering Manager (Embedded systems design group) is a leader of firmware and hardware engineers and is responsible for the effective operation of the group in three main areas:
- organization and management of resources
- analysis and control of proposed design solutions
- design quality assurance via implementation and monitoring of compliance with Engineering Development Process
Engineering Manager is not directly engaged in the development.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction of the engineering team, including PDP (personal development plan), goal setting, and coaching.
- Conducting together with Project managers the analysis of time-consuming for tasks and determining the resources required for implementation.
- Allocating together with Project managers the resources for tasks execution, forming teams to work on tasks and projects. When required to reallocate resources in the course of projects implementation for their effective using.
- Participating in formation and subsequent optimization of general standards in design and preparing of design documentation under the leadership of Global TDM for HW design & SW development.
- Drive development of and adherence to CPI Engineering best practices and design standards.
- Supporting the compliance of tools to developments in CPI-Kiev. Tracking the compliance of design tools versions, participation in making solutions to upgrade to a new design tools version, generating requests to purchase any tools required for effective operation of group.
- Participating actively in regular design review meetings to make suggestions for design optimization or reducing of identified risks. Provide input that is useful and valid.
- Get acquainted with projects progress including those projects that are carried out by other divisions of company.
- Recruiting together with HR-manager to fill vacancies in the group.
- Monitoring of modern tendencies in organization of development process. Offering optimization of current processes, taking initiative to apply new approaches and tools.
- Communication skills, Russian and English languages fluency.
- Experience in engineering group management – from 2 years.
- Experience in the design – from 5 years.
- Understanding of project management methodology PMI PMP. Understanding of corporate methodology for products development
- Ability to think creatively, quickly and independently.
- Ability to quickly analyse data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Excellent oral, written and telephonic communication skills with the ability to conduct effective oral presentations in a clear, unbiased manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interface with personnel from various departments and levels.
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines and to seek assistance/direction when necessary
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market since 1992 (https://cranepi.com.ua), part of Crane Co. (http://www.craneco.com).
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- Sport Program.
- Ability to move to USA, Europe.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.