Engineering Team Lead
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a Linux Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Kiev, Ukraine.
The Engineering Team Lead will be an experienced software developer/team lead responsible for local management of the CPI Support tools team members based in Kiev. The Kiev team are part of the Global Support Tools team responsible for delivering software solutions designed to support/enhance CPI’s products. The position will involve a combination of technical development on current projects, technical mentoring of current associates and students as well as fulfilling required line management responsibilities; these include performing scheduled reviews and IC updates.
The successful candidate will work closely with the team manager to understand priorities and workload, provide feedback on team member status/progress and development, manage team workload and assign appropriate team members as well as contributing to the development. They will also look at ways of improving the efficiency of the Kiev based team.
Software Development (50 %)
- Design, code and implement new product features and enhancements and fix bugs. High quality and on-time delivery of these is expected.
- Generation of project/product documentation, including design, requirements, specifications, help, design proving and software release documentation.
- Adhere to the software release process for all assigned software tasks.
- Actively log/document all issues encountered and solutions developed in CPI’s issue tracking tool, Jira.
Task Management (20 %)
- Work with local team to ensure tasks are understood and accurate estimates are provided.
- Work with team manager/SCRUM master/software architect/relevant product manager to understand requirements for local team as required.
- Communicate progress/issues to SCRUM master / team manager.
People Management (20 %)
- Complete quarterly IC Review with HR.
- Carry out informal quarterly reviews with team members.
- Complete annual performance review process with team members.
- Participate in local hiring process. This includes reviewing resumes and participating in interviews.
- Local management for attendance and administration/reporting.
Process Improvement (5 %)
- On a regular basis, meet with local team to discuss development processes and how they can be improved specifically with respect to local site.
Development Tool Support (5 %)
- Become local site admin/expert for support tools development tools. These tools include.
- Bamboo, Jira, Perforce, Git.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience and 2 years of team lead experience required. Min 1 year of line management experience if possible.
- Experience of managing a technical team essential.(at least 1 year line management).
- Excellent ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft development technologies including Visual Studio, .NET Standard framework development essential. .NET Core desirable.
- Development experience in C++ and C# essential. C experience also desirable.
- Strong knowledge of software design methodologies/patterns.
- Experience of unit and developer test methodologies.
- Interest in continual technical learning.
- Experience with GUI technologies such as WPF/PRISM desirable.
- Good technical writing abilities.
- Excellent software development practice and process skills, iterative (SCRUM) or Agile preferred.
- Experience with issue tracking and source code version control tools. Jira and Perforce desirable.
- Ability to make oral and written presentations; ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
PI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.