IT Infrastructure Analyst
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a AppSec Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Kiev, Ukraine.
A role exists for an IT Infrastructure Analyst to be based at Crane Payment Innovations (CPI) Kiev. The analyst will work alongside the global IT team to provide end user support up to Level II/III, and be responsible for owning related local IT infrastructure elements. The analyst will provide IT support for Engineering tools infrastructure.
A skilled and highly effective IT Infrastructure Analyst to provide technical support and development expertise in helping maintain components of CPI’s Global IT Infrastructure.
The analyst is to deliver quality daily support for our technical environment and to both lead and participate in infrastructure change and improvement projects, local and global.
Supporting primarily the Kiev site, the analyst will adopt proactive local ownership for the data centre infrastructure and users. Some responsibilities will later extend to global technology areas.
The role requires the analyst to be the local IT Infrastructure expert and to maintain industry awareness and technical skills at a high level. They must act as initial point of contact for all advice and escalation of IT-related matters that affect environments they are responsible for.
The analyst is expected to proactively define standards, look for continuous improvement opportunities, remove risk, and to promote investment opportunities. Accept full accountability and ownership for technology areas with commitment to develop themselves and their role.
Maturity of approach and style is expected, with an ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, to be able to work both with globally dispersed teams and of working independently to specific goals and timelines. Some international travel may be required on an infrequent basis.
There will be a need for occasional allocation of daily tasks to the local Site Support Analyst resource.
CPI offers experience working within a global manufacturing business and will provide all necessary induction activities to allow the analyst to perform their role from an early stage.
- Proactive ownership of the Kiev data centre and all Infrastructure technologies.
- Manage the escalation path for key system events related to the Kiev site.
- Technology ownership for site Servers, Network, Storage, Backups, DR, WiFi, etc.
- Network administration and troubleshooting.
- Provide server and client critical WSUS Security patches to safeguard the Business.
- Maintain Security Infrastructure - eMail, Web Content, Client/Server, Antivirus/Malware.
- Create, track and resolve IT trouble tickets (Level II/III).
- Windows Server administration and support (SVR2008 & SVR2016).
- Active Directory Level II/III support (GPO, ACL’s, Security, etc).
- Ownership for site backups and recovery strategy for site servers.
- Hardware deployment of servers and key network infrastructure.
- Continued expertise in the migration towards server virtualisation technologies.
- Create, implement and follow CPI IT Standards, including server build standards.
- Create, implement and continuously improve Infrastructure processes and policies.
- Adhere to and be an advocate of IT Policy within CPI including SOX Administration.
- Third Party Infrastructure Support including key contact with maintenance providers.
- Develop, maintain, and organise system administrator technical documentation.
- Lead or resource IT Project work where identified.
- Deliver end user technical training where required.
- Provide absence cover for other site based IT team members (training provided).
- Undergraduate degree (MIS or Computer Science a plus) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work independently and achieve stated goals.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-reliance, and proactive behaviour.
- Strong customers focus and service orientation with business users at all levels.
- Thorough follow-up and escalation as required on all business issues is essential.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (written and oral).
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Ability to learn new concepts, hardware and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment and manage multiple activities.
- Strong organisational skills to structure and manage tasks from initiation to completion.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including availability outside of normal working hours.
Essential / Highly Desirable
- MS Windows Server 2008/R2 & 2016.
- MS Active Directory & Group Policy.
- DNS / DHCP / DFS / WDS / WSUS /WINS.
- VMWare ESX and VCenter Administration.
- VEEAM or similar.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection or similar.
- SCCM 2012 Administration.
- Shavlik Protect Administration.
- MS Windows 10/7 & Windows XP.
- MS Office 2010+ (including Outlook).
- Firewall Technologies and Concepts.
- Networking TCP/IP.
- LAN troubleshooting.
- SQL Server administration.
- Carbon Black Protection Administration.
- SANs Administration.
- Cisco Umbrella Administration.
- MS Exchange 2010 Administration.
- Cisco Wireless.
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- Sport Program.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.