Kiev Director of Engineering
The Kiev Director of Engineering is responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of the mission, objectives, and workflow for the Kiev site, including coordination with key stakeholders and customers. Provides overall technology leadership for the Kiev engineering team, and working with the functional managers is responsible for firmware, mechanical, hardware, and software development, as well as project management. Works with the HR and Finance partners to ensure the site complies with all local laws and labour practices.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Act as the operating manager and legal authority for the Kiev site as the representative and contact for government tax office, and other government bodies.
- Actively manage the safe operation of the site, including working with the Landlord, ensuring safe working conditions in the labs and offices through 5S, driving proper use of PPE, and ensure all safety training and certifications are up to date for all associates.
- Drive the implementation of the Kiev business model, working with local leadership and across the engineering sites to generate projects and work content for the Kiev team.
- Drive a culture of high quality and on-time delivery, to include strong planning, execution to commitments, and clear and transparent communication. Establish meaningful metrics to manage and measure the work product; track the trends and work with site leadership team to address shortcoming.
- Actively participate in site budgeting process, to create, prioritize and monitor/control expenses. Authorize payroll and other payments
- Provide technical leadership on Kiev based projects. Work closely with Project Managers and Technical Discipline Managers (TDM) to prioritize and properly resource projects and drive them to success
- Build strong working relationships with engineering leaders across the business, using this network to understand business objectives, and to help resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Understand and ensure adherence of the Kiev team to the Toll Gate, EDP and discipline processes, as well as other Crane and CPI policies and best practices.
- Drive the use of CBS tools and continuous improvement philosophy, including site specific metrics to monitor and control safety, quality, delivery, cost of the Kiev site
- Create and maintain a positive team atmosphere. Provide coaching for managers, including PDP development, IC planning, and associate goal setting.
- Develop professional associates in a manner that meets the current and future needs of the business and annually supporting the HR plan to identify key talent and areas of organizational and individual development. Build strong bench strength for leadership pipeline in technology and engineering as well as project management.
- Model problem solving, collaboration, and respect.
- Continuous improvement of the professional level and keeping abreast of changes in legislation that affect business.
- Participation in meetings, negotiations, business trips to Europe, USA, others if applicable.
- Signing of the documents within the competence.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a field such as Computer Science, Electrical/Software/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 - 7 years with the following experience:
- Interdisciplinary product development on complex products
- Systems development/integration, preferably with electronic devices
- Project or program management
- Multi-tasking and adherence to timelines
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Minimum of 5 years of management experience:
- Managing technical resources
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Budgeting and resource management
- Leadership and coaching
- Working across business sites, a plus
Key Attributes for Success
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interface with personnel from various departments and levels
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines and to seek assistance/direction when necessary
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; attention to detail and commitment to excellence; and coach on these skills
- Ability to drive a culture to create a work environment which puts the team and collective results first and ensures collaborative teamwork. Inspires purpose and direction by transparently communicating challenges, successes, and strategies.
- Ability to think creatively, quickly and independently
- Ability to quickly analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment; ability to make decisions to achieve desired results. Ability to coach on these skills
- Excellent oral, written and telephonic communication skills with the ability to conduct effective oral presentations in a clear, unbiased manner
- Ability to travel overnight 20% estimated
- Maintain attendance as defined by company policy