The main function of the role is to write Windows application software for the test and configuration of a wide range of electronics products.
- The ability to write and debug software applications
- Control and test external hardware devices
- 1st and 2nd line production support to resolve ‘line-stoppers’ within a manufacturing environment.
- Software validation testing to demonstrate that requirements meet specifications
- Complete all relevant documentation to the required standards.
- Provide training for software users
- Accurate assessment of project timescales for software completion to specification
- The ability to highlight software risks early on in a project.
- To contribute to the project team in a concise, informed and professional manner.
- To provide creative input on all aspects of software design.
- To maintain version records for tracking software changes on each product.
- Support of off-site test equipment.
- HNC / Diploma / Degree qualified in science / engineering
- Experience with VB.Net and C# within Microsoft Visual Studio or equivalent SW language experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP / 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Highly motivated with an ability to work alone or as part of a team
- 2 years + in software development ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Technical Skills :
- Microsoft VB6, C, vb.net, C#
- Communication protocols such as RS232 and USB
- XML / XSLT
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Understanding of electronics and mechanical interaction with software
- Creative and innovative approach to design.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop relationship with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain good personal presentation and communication.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking protocols / systems
- Good project planning skills are desirable
- Valid passport - Foreign travel will be required to support test engineering activities
- Competitive salaries
- Life insurance
- Onsite canteen
- Free onsite parking
- Opportunities to travel and work at our global sites
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.