Software Engineer (C/C++, Linux)
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a software engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Design, Code and Test in C++ for Windows and Linux.
- Write design, specification, and verification documents, and create project status reports and schedules.
- Produce high quality and reliable software.
- Write engineering documents in English language.
- Use an installation tool (Installshield or similar) to create and maintain Microsoft Windows based installation packages.
- On time and to cost delivery of product functionality according to the software specification.
- The accurate assessment of project timescales for software completion.
- The ability to highlight software risks early on in a project.
- Meet product delivery times.
- Contribute to the project team in a concise, informed and professional manner.
- Provide creative input on all aspects of software design.
- Provide support to Software QA team on request, either for tests setup or failures analysis.
- Consistent execution according to internal product development processes.
- Contribute to the evolution of the processes and procedures within the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in Software development for a minimum of 2-3 years.
- Experience writing software with C/C++ for Linux and Windows is necessary.
- Experience writing software with API function.
- Experience creating Linux applications.
- Oral and written communication in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing software in C# and Java to interface with real-world devices.
- Experience using software development tools and environments including MS Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols (USB).
- Knowledge of UML.
- Ability to understand class and state machine diagrams.
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market since 1992 (https://cranepi.com.ua), part of Crane Co. (http://www.craneco.com).
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- Ability to move to USA, Europe.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).