Software Engineer (Mathematician)
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a AppSec Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Kiev, Ukraine.
The role of Software Engineer is to develop, evaluate, integrate and maintain software for PC and firmware for various embedded system projects as well as research and design of new mathematic approach for banknote authentication.
- Development of PC applications to support company technologies and processes.
- Support and improvement Bill Validation Environment System (BVES).
- Development of the firmware for Bill Validators.
- Development of banknote authentication system for any countries using BVES.
- Develop process and data models to optimize quality and performance of designs.
- Research and analysis banknote securities features and design the mathematic approach for their authentication.
- Troubleshooting, analyze and resolve various software and hardware problems.
- Conduct and manages research, analysis or design within a larger R&D activity concerned with unique problems, involving exploration of subject area, definition of scope and generation of novel concepts.
- Document and test in co-operation with a Testing group, develop quality check procedures for production.
- Other duties as assigned*
- Education - at least B.Sc. in EE/CS or equivalent, with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of: C/C++, C#, Delphi, MySQL.
- Knowledge of programing technologies: Windows API, COM, .NET.
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench, Microsoft Visual Studio, Delphi development environment.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw system.
- Experience with low-level & low-speed communication protocols.
- Knowledge of data/signal processing, pattern/image recognition, applied mathematics.
- Base knowledge of color theory and color calibration procedures.
- Practical skill in experimental data processing and computer simulation; practical working skills with MathLab.
- Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in and effort of continuous improvement.
- English language proficient.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Up to 10% travel
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- 5% travel to US, UK but not limited.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.