Software Engineer (mathematician)
The role of Software Engineer is to develop, evaluate, integrate and maintain software for PC and firmware for various embedded system projects as well as research and design of new mathematic approach for banknote authentication.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development of PC applications to support company technologies and processes.
- Support and improvement Bill Validation Environment System (BVES).
- Development of the firmware for Bill Validators.
- Development of banknote authentication system for any countries using BVES.
- Develop process and data models to optimize quality and performance of designs.
- Research and analysis banknote securities features and design the mathematic approach for their authentication.
- Troubleshooting, analyse and resolve various software and hardware problems.
- Conduct and manages research, analysis or design within a larger R&D activity concerned with unique problems, involving exploration of subject area, definition of scope and generation of novel concepts.
- Document and test in co-operation with a Testing group, develop quality check procedures for production.
- Other duties as assigned*
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education - at least B.Sc. in EE/CS or equivalent, with relevant experience
- Knowledge of: C/C++, C#, Delphi, MySQL;
- Knowledge of programing technologies: Windows API, COM, .NET;
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench, Microsoft Visual Studio, Delphi development environment;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw system;
- Experience with low-level & low-speed communication protocols.
- Knowledge of data/signal processing, pattern/image recognition, applied mathematics;
- Base knowledge of color theory and color calibration procedures
- Practical skill in experimental data processing and computer simulation; practical working skills with MathLab.
- Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in and effort of continuous improvement
- English language proficient
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market since 1992 (https://cranepi.com.ua), part of Crane Co. (http://www.craneco.com).
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- Ability to move to USA, Europe.
Be a part of Crane Payment Innovations and Crane Co.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.