Sr Software Engineer (Linux System Engineer)
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a AppSec Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Kiev, Ukraine.
CPI is seeking a Linux System Engineer to join its team in the development of intelligent telemetry and cashless payment systems. The Linux System Engineer will primarily (and initially) be responsible for development and implementation of efficient BSP layer (bootloader, kernel, init, scripting, recovery, partitioning, etc…). This role will be also responsible for maintaining efficient build ecosystem (Gnu Make, Cmake, Yocto) to support Linux level development to be consistent within long time period and be integrated into common build ecosystem with applications supposed to be running over.
- BSP level support for variety of embedded Linux devices.
- Communicate effectively with chip manufacturer to solve all issues about support, maintenance and getting critical issues solved.
- Develop/port low level drivers for general periphery used in the project.
- Solve all the issues with firmware update.
- Develop robust Linux-based operation system.
- Travel up to 10% (including international).
- 3+ years of experience in Linux System Engineering (config kernel, uboot, drivers, init, partitioning, low level firmware updates, device-tree).
- Experience in issue-tracking systems maintenance (Jira, Trac).
- Git hands-on experience (merge, rebase, revert, git workflow).
- Knowledge of all conventional Linux scripting languages (bash, python will be a plus).
- Experience in build systems (CMake, Autoconf, Buildroot, Yocto).
- Working knowledge of programming and software development concepts in C or C++.
- Strong understanding of periphery interfaces (uart, spi, i2c, usb).
- Intermediate and higher English, both spoken and written. Be able to communicate directly with USA citizens.
- Ability to understand and correctly interpret written or verbal business and technical requirements and specifications.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard IT services related to software/firmware development and verification.
- Demonstrated ability to act effectively as a member of an engineering team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and adapt quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to very quickly understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
As a plus:
- Various boards bring-up experience (solving boot up issues, kernel tuning, hardware understanding and debug).
- Understanding of Linux network management systems(NetworkManager, PPPD configs).
- Experience with Linux Realtime specifics.
- Experience supporting agile or scrum-based development practices.
- Experience with Gentoo or Arch Linux.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Up to 10% travel
- Challenging tasks with using of modern technologies.
- Company with good reputation on market
- Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
- Friendly environment.
- Learn and Use of English.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Lunch Bonus program.
- 5% travel to US, UK but not limited.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.