Product Manager (EU Cashless) - Reading UKSee more...
Position: Product Manager (EU Cashless)
Business Unit: Crane Payment Innovations
Location: Reading, UK
Reporting to: Senior Director, Connectivity Solutions
Crane Co. Background
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Technologies. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Payment Innovations (CPI) is the combination of Crane Payment Solutions and MEI Conlux Holdings (“MEI”). CPI designs, manufactures and sells automated payment systems. They are the market share leader globally, serving over 110 countries and currencies. Our equipment processes over 4 billion transactions per week.
The strategic focus of CPI is to provide a full range of high quality money handling solutions, aimed at the financial services, gaming, retail, transportation, and vending markets. Drawing on decades of heritage and expertise, our team develops core validation technology to provide a range of payment systems and associated products with high security protection. CPI offers the most extensive range of bill and coin validators and recyclers, coin hoppers and dispensers, plus software applications. All our products and technologies offer real end user benefits, from the highest level of security and fast acceptance rates, to low maintenance and labour costs. In addition, CPI offers cashless and software solutions to many of our vending customers around the world. We pride ourselves on our people and our customer-centric focus.
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the product platform lifecycle. This includes:
- • Driving platform P/L growth
- • Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements,
- • Articulating and quantifying the Value Propositions in order to establish product positioning and pricing,
- • Defining the product vision and roadmap, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products.
To dispense of their duty in this role, the candidate will need to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including working with sales and marketing to promote products and ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's role also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Management role will also assume a Market Management role, which involves strategic planning for, and leadership of, a market segment. In this duty, the Product Manager is expected to assume market-penetration responsibility for multiple products into the market segment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Product Portfolio Management
- • Own product management within the Business Vertical from inception through introduction to obsolescence, with particular focus on NPD
- • Identify and define all new product development activity including managing new product requisitions
- • Manage product enhancement including identification, research, definition and business case development
- • Manage engineering to sales product transition process
- • Ownership for Product extensions and product extension strategy
- • Accountable for defining engineering priorities and activity
- • Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- • Understanding market needs and competitiveness
- • Driving customer-led product enhancements
- • Accountable for providing customer use examples to engineering
- • Act as primary bridge between customer feedback and articulating requirements to R&D
- • Driving resolution of customer satisfaction issues
- • Managing issues associated with ordering of product, systems, tools and manufacturing supply
- • Manage and perform product demos for customers
- • Coordinate with US sales and marketing to ensure their needs are met
- • Coordinate with other Business Verticals on Products under their control
- • Define product strategy and roadmap to drive adoption and differentiating features
- • Develop strategic marketing plans for a product line from market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement and business planning
- • Drive new business opportunities for the Business vertical and Engineering
- • Service strategy development
- • Define market entrance strategy
- • Develop product pricing strategies
- • Estimate consumer demand for the product(s) and identify potential customers
- • Stay informed of any competing products on the market
- • Communicate efficiently with product management, engineering, purchasing, finance and other departments fundamental to project management
- • Effectively motivate resources without a direct reporting relationship and act as marketing Liaison
- • Ensure Business driven product objectives are aligned with and supported by strategic marketing
Completes other duties and activities as required
Qualifications and Required Skills
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Marketing with strong business orientation. MBA or equivalent post grad professional qualification preferred.
- • A number of years of product management and market management experience
- • A technical background, where Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is highly preferred
- • Experience in electronic hardware orientated high-tech systems preferred
- • Experience in M2M product management
- • Experience in driving engineered products into a competitive market
- • A track record of success in product management, business development, B2B
- • Experience of working in a matrix structure and communicating with various stakeholders at various levels in the organization
- • Experience of communicating with customers to gather their requirements and promote existing products
- • Experience in payment products and banking payment ecosystem preferred
- • Ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time in a fast paced environment
Key Attributes for Success
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Strong quantitative background, requiring the ability to craft complex ROI models and value propositions
• Ability to quickly analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment
• Ability to make logical decisions based on data (and to seek identified missing data) to achieve desired results.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
• Ability to persuade internal stakeholders (with no direct reporting authority) to follow direction set by the PM
• Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
• Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
• Excellent communication skills verbally and written
• Up to 30% travel as necessary
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resumé /CV to Human Resources. Please include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail.Julie.Knight@CranePI.com
Please feel free to submit a résumé and cover letter in confidence to Crane Payment Innovations (CPI).