Project Manager Engineering
Crane Payment Innovations (CPI) is the combination of Crane Payment Solutions and MEI Conlux Holdings (“MEI”). CPI designs, manufactures and sells automated payment systems. They are the market share leader globally, serving over 110 countries and currencies. Our equipment processes over 4 billion transactions per week.
The strategic focus of CPI is to provide a full range of high quality money handling solutions, aimed at the financial services, gaming, retail, transportation, and vending markets. Drawing on decades of heritage and expertise, our team develops core validation technology to provide a range of payment systems and associated products with high security protection. CPI offers the most extensive range of bill and coin validators and recyclers, coin hoppers and dispensers, plus software applications. All our products and technologies offer real end user benefits, from the highest level of security and fast acceptance rates, to low maintenance and labor costs. We pride ourselves on our people and our customer-centric focus.
To assist large projects and project manage smaller projects through development and introduction of new products from the concept and prototype build stage through to production implementation. Management of enhancement and sustaining activities in the engineering department of active coin products.
- To assist the Director Engineering of the development and introduction of new products on projects and project manager smaller projects through from the concept and prototype build stage to volume production & product release.
- To assist in the co-ordination of a multi skilled team of engineers to achieve project requirements, deadlines and costs.
- To manage enhancement and sustaining activities in the engineering department of active coin products.
- To assist in the co-ordination of value engineering programmes to achieve targeted manufacturing cost reductions.
- Team Lead of the Electronics Engineers
- Co-ordination of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Planning and scheduling of projects.
- Co-ordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Communication between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Assist in raising expenditure proposals.
- Monitoring project expenditure and product costs.
- Assisting in the preparation of engineering proposals.
- Establishing good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Project management experience qualification (PMP certified) desired but not essential
- HND qualified or equivalent in an electronic engineering discipline
- Experience of technical management of small engineering team
- Able to assist management of projects through to completion
- Able to communicate, take part and contribute in technical discussions with other engineers and senior managers.
- Ability to deliver and complete projects to strict deadlines
- Sufficient knowledge in electronics and awareness of mechanical, electronic and software engineering to recognise when technical problems are developing.
- Strong people management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of self motivation
- Ability to cope with pressure in a fast moving, forever changing environment.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good time management
- PC literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint.
- Business English (oral and written)
- Team player with personal drive.
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be accurate, decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Prepared to travel to other international site locations
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.